It's a great life is you don't weaken.
- Viola Mae Bennett

8.16.2010

These are a few of my favorite things...

I realize this come as NO surprise to those who know me really well but I ♥ fall and Christmas. I'm happy to report yesterday I made leaps of progress on my christmas projects still have a ways to go but am excited about how they are turning out! I also have the top finished on Baby Girls quilt but decided I want it to be bigger. I didn't really want to spend the money on matching fabric (10.00 a yard is lots of $$$) but I opened my email today and fatquartershop was having a 30% off on the exact fabric I wanted. So I ordered enough to do another border. Hopefully I did my math right! In fact right after I get done posting pictures for today's post on with the Christmas projects...wish me luck! I'm still planning on being done by Halloween!  Baby Girl is getting bigger and we got to see her wiggling around today. Everything looks good, crossing my fingers I stay this way but I measured today a week and a half ahead of schedule. Everyone pray really hard it stays that way!  The last few saturdays we've taken the chance to spend time together and do a few of our favorite things in one of our FAVORITE places... take a look...once again no pictures of me one of these days right....


I am sure everyone who lives here calls it "Their Mountain" but I love our mountains. In fact if we ever leave this area it's one of the things I think I'll miss most. So here's some pictures of "My Mountain". Isn't she beautiful and guess what Fall is starting to creep in. The grass is tall and yellow and some of the plants are turing red. It's nice a cool up there too hence the jackets (50 degrees) in the middle of August.

Jealous much!! that this is only a few minutes from my home! 


I know that Jon wants to kick me everytime I say this but I am SO excited for Fall. A big reason because I'm dying of heat with this baby cooking inside of me! But you can't tell me that you don't love the look of fall with everything Golden and Red. Right?!

Have a good week. xoxo
Photobucket

3 comments:

Cassi Carlson said...

Cute! We'll have to get together soon and you'll have to show me your quilt :)!

Hope said...

I love "our mountain"! Thanks for posting pictures - it made me feel calm just looking them!

Denise said...

What great pics Whit! And such a beautiful place.