It's a great life is you don't weaken.
- Viola Mae Bennett

7.11.2010

Am I easily guided?

It's sunday and I'm home today with my monkey. He was up alot last night coughing and I was up alot last night with him, and then I couldn't sleep. Part of my choice to stay home was out of laziness because I am TIRED. I hate to admit that and I feel kind of guilty for it. I decided to spend my three hour block trying to do more uplifting things instead of hopping on FB or watching something pointless I logged on to the Mormon Messages page on You Tube to see what their lastest videos were. There were several I'd not seen and loved them all but I watched one that was for the Youth of my church but instantly felt my Heavenly Fathers spirit as I watched it. It's about a girl who's the world champion for horse training and she talks about how if she keeps her eye on the marker that she needs to get to she and her horse eventually get there. She talks about finding horses who are easily guided, ones who listen to her and obey her without resistance. She talked about a time recently when she kind of plateued and had to go back to the basics of horse training even though she already knew them. She compared this to the gospel. Instantly it hit me this is what I so needed to hear today. I need to get back to the basics, praying morning and night, reading my scriptures, etc... Does my Heavenly Father feel that I am easily guided by him? So I'm off to put on some of my favorite music and find my scriptures. I off to get lost in them once again! I wanted to share two messages that touched my soul this morning I hope you enjoy them.  Have a beautiful Sabbath... until next time.



p.s I couldn't get the videos to embed properly Blogger is being weird so just click on the links. I PROMISE YOU WON'T REGRET IT! DO IT NOW!

Photobucket

1 comment:

Denise said...

What a great post Whit! All I have ever known is the basics in my life & even that is a struggle for me. You are an inspiration though - thanks for always being such a wonderful example & friend. Love you bunches!