It's a great life is you don't weaken.
- Viola Mae Bennett

8.27.2012

Our family would like you to meet...

Our darling Doll Baby... Adley June Muir



I figured while I have my mom here today still I should get to this before I am on my own and don't have the time! Our sweet baby girl is here and it was a very exciting day for all of us! About 6 wks before I was due I talked to my Dr about the possibility of having him break my water early because I have a history of big babies and Jon's work schedule is CRAZY! He said he would do it on August 22nd because he was leaving town on the 23rd. The 22nd of August is Brady's birthday, knowing this I just said ok and left. I went back and forth over this because I wasn't sure if I wanted to have two kids with the same birthday. We asked Brady how he felt about it and he thought it was awesome! Still not knowing what I should do I just started hoping that I would go early and wouldn't have to worry about it. The time came closer and still no baby. He checked me at 36 weeks and I was only dilated to a 1.5 and then 37 wks nothing had changed. At 38 wks he said I was about a 3 and had started to thin. My dr said the likely hood of me going into labor on my own at that point wasn't huge and he would just see me on the 22nd. I felt good about it all but somewhat hesitant because I wasn't as dilated as I had been with Oakley but he felt confident about it. Nothing through the weekend even my regular contractions I had been having stopped. My mom came out Tuesday morning and off to the hospital early Wednesday morning we went. We got there at 6:50 and I was all ready to go by 7:30. My Dr. came in and broke my water at 7:50. I was dilated to a 4 at this point, we had discussed me just walking to get things moving. So Jonny and I walked and walked for 3 hrs. I had them check me and nothing had changed at all. I was so disappointed because this meant I would have to go on the pitocin but didn't feel like walking more would help the situation. They started pitocin at 1:45 and for the first 2 and a half hours I didn't really feel much at all. Jon decided that since it looked like things were going to take alot longer than we thought he would run to the store and get some snacks and get some dinner. Quickly after he left I started to have contractions that hurt and started to get intense so I had them check me. I was only to a 5 and still thick and baby was still high they told me. I wanted to just cry at this point because I was only half way. I was thinking about asking for an epidural because I didn't want to go hours longer on the pit and have to deal with it because it was going much slower than I wanted. The contractions started to get really close together and hard. I texted Jon telling him it was getting hard and that I needed him. He didn't reply so about 10 minutes later I called him and just said to him "I needed him and needed him fast" in between contractions and hung up on him. He walked in right as they were helping me to the bathroom, I got back in bed and could feel the baby move down. She checked me and I was at an 8, she told the CNA to call the Dr. He said he would be there in 5 min. Within a minute or so I could tell that baby was ready, she checked me and I heard her say that I was complete. My Dr. walked in and I was already pushing. He threw on his gloves and 3 pushes later she was out. I was concentrating SO hard my Dr told me to look. She was so cute and just squeaking. All of this excitement happened from when they checked me at 5cm to Baby in 35 minutes! I was so happy to see her and everything looked and sounded great. She has such a mellow easy temperament. She is very patient, but doesn't have much of a choice! She has been such a terrific little eater and sleeper for mama. We all love her to pieces and the kids have been adjusting well. Oakley kinda acts up more here and there but she isn't used to having to wait her turn! I am so thankful that Heavenly Father has blessed us with another little darling baby and that everything went well. The boys are so sweet with her and Kael tells me several times a day that she is just so cute or so adorable. Amazing how fast it just instantly feels like they have been apart of your family for forever. I will have more pictures of the rest of us meeting her and enjoying her later when my darling new friend Mindy gets me some! Stay tuned....



Born August 22, 2012
5:05 pm
8 lbs 5 oz
19 inches long



Photobucket

3 comments:

Hope said...

Yes, I still say she looks like a pretty, girly Kael. What do you think? GORGEOUS!

THE BELL HOUSE BLOG said...

LOVE HER ALREADY!! CANT WAIT TO HOLD HER AND KISS THOSE CHEEKS!!

Natalie said...

Wow, that was a fast labor! Good job! Hahah! I agree with hope...I think she looks like Kael's twin sister! You guys make the cutest babies, I swear. I'm so happy for you and your sweet family! I wish I were there to bring you dinner or something...