It's a great life is you don't weaken.
- Viola Mae Bennett

5.11.2010

Everyday should be Mother's Day!

Being a mother is the greatest thing I've ever been blessed to do. But I know I have a long ways to go, I'm learning daily things that I need to do better but thanks to countless wonderful examples that I have I hope to one day be able to some how measure up to them.  Here are some of them who I admire and adore...
My own Mother, she's been a constant in my life. I've always known she loves me and her love of her Savior Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father astound me. 

Cass- She's not technically a mother yet but someday! I know she'll be the best mom, so much fun, and she'll raise her children with a good solid foundation of who they are and their potential. She's a great Auntie to my boys! Beep Beep Zoom sissy!

My Grandmother- couldn't have asked for a better example of what a mother should look like. She's a terrific mother who would do anything for her children or grandchildren. She's has created a wonderful legacy for herself. 

My mother in law- a true example of what a "believer" is. She never speaks a harsh word about anyone and is so willing to give where needed. She raised a wonderful son who's been a great dad and husband. I think that speaks volumes about his mother!

My Grandmother Viola- She recently passed away and was 93 (I think!) I feel like I didn't know her well enough but she always made if extremely clear when I was around her how she felt about the gospel and her Savior Jesus Christ. She always told us to keep the commandments. I just had a quote that my mom always told us kids she used to say put into vinyl for my kitchen wall I love that I feel like a little part of her is still with me! ..." It's a great life if you don't weaken. Viola Mae" 

 My aunt Colette- She adopted Jon and I when we moved back to Vernal and we've been having weekly FHE at her house with her and Mark for eight years now. She's loved my boys and taken care of us like we were her own. I know how much she loves her own girls. Like the rest of my aunts she's like a second mother to me, I know that they'll be there for me whenever and wherever! 
ok so she's not like a mother to me more of a sister! She's really my cousin but someone who I adore beyond words. We've had many many talks, and gripe sessions and laughs about being mothers ourselves. I love that we have that much more in common and I can talk to her and tell her how I really feel without thinking that she'll think I'm a crazy lady or ridiculous for feeling that way. I can call her after a long day and cry about all the dumb things that happened that I know I'm being childish about but she lets me do it and then laughs about it the
next day with me. I love you Kristen!  
I hope that one day my children will say this about me...
All that I am, or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother.
Abraham Lincoln

Photobucket

7 comments:

Denise said...

Happy belated Mothers Day to one of the best mothers I know! I loved your post - you have some amazing examples in your life. Your boys are lucky to have you.

Natalie said...

What a sweet post, Whitney! You have had a lot of wonderful influences in your life, no wonder you turned out so well! :) YOU are one of the mothers I admire and adore!

Danielle Hacking said...

Love this post! Hope you had a great Mother's Day, you are a wonderful mother! Hope you are feeling alright!

Mark and Colette said...

I love you more then words can say.
Love Colette

Hope said...

You DO have some incredible women in your life and how lucky am I that most of them are also in mine?! We are truly blessed, and blessed to have each other, too.
Hope you start feeling better soon!

Wendy Kremin said...

Oh, Whitney you are sweet, as always. I love you!

Josh and Kristen said...

Whit... after telling you you should post your story about Kael tonight, I realized I hadn't checked your blog for a long time. I just read this, and I want to tell you thank you and I hope you know I feel the same way. It was so nice to visit with you tonight and I could've kept visiting with you for another two, three, four... whatever... hours. It's what we do best, right? I am serious about blogging Kael's comment, BTW! HAHA! I am laughing about it again!